Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Que sera sera

btw, my French tutor had never heard this expression.

Cleaned out closets, drawers, medicine cabinets on Saturday and early Sunday.

But the weather was so grand that I dashed to my favorite garden store/nursery
and bought my herbs, a vivid red hibiscus and rustic pot, a basket of charming Johnny
Jump Ups.


A neighbor gave me baby spinach plants and I'll go back for tender lettuces and the window box hanging petunias that define and enhance our little cape.


Even if the house sells, we'll have most of the summer here so let's make the most of
it.

In my spare time, couldn't resist buying this.


And here's quite an easy and tasty dinner recipe.  Just add some truffle oil.  And if you spill the French grey sea salt all over the kitchen floor, it's not at all being like in Cape Ferret (not that I've been there...but I'm guessing).

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/smoky-braised-chicken-gnocchi-10000001692747/index.html?xid=dailyrecnews-05-01-2011?xid=dailyrecnews-05-01-2011

Oh yes.. Ken and I had our weekly 3 hours of being home at the same time not late at night or early in the morning and agreed that we won't sell short.  At least not yet.

1 comment:

  1. Nina, love the lettuce and flowers! Can't wait until I can get out and buy some too!

    ReplyDelete